Sunday, December 14, 2014

Do You Know Who YOU Really Are?

To thy own self be true.   What does that mean exactly?   In order to be true to yourself, you must know yourself.   That is what loving yourself means, to love all the facets of you.
One of the hardest things to do is look at yourself for who you really are.
We have to look deep down inside.   This is not something that is done in a day, week, month or even a year.  It is a constant and ever learning process till your last breathe.   
We are not the same person that we were in our 20's, 30's or what ever age we are.  
We won't be the same person in 20, 30 or even 40 years later because we change with life.
When I started asking the question of why I was not so happy with my life, the answer was Me.   I had to take a look at who I was and why I can continuously going down a road that was leading me nowhere.

I realized with time that I believed the things that I was told when I was younger.  I had to be a certain weight, personality or look to be loved.   I am sure that most of us heard that recording in our heads over and over again.    These are labels that are put on us from the day that we are born.  Labels are what people perceive about how or what we should be.
Are they a reality?  For the most part, I would say no.   Why?   Because it is the perception of the other individual.

When I took the time to take a closer look at who I was, I called this 'My Love Affair With Myself'.  I started getting to know who I really was.   I went inside.   I learned what was great and not so great about myself.   I found out that I didn't need to prove to someone else that I was lovable.    I can see why now why I was in dysfunctional relationships.
Love all of yourself!

It is not my job to fix or change anyone.  The only person that I can fix or change is me!   When I start seeing the signs that a person is not right for me, I can walk away.  Does that make that person a bad person?   No, just not the right person for me.
I learned that love is not outside myself.   I learned that I AM love.   

2 comments:

  1. “God Through Anne Terri With The Holy Spirit: You are a great writer, Messiah Carol Your words ring True. AMEN”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.
    Truth as I have learned it for me.

    ReplyDelete